High blood pressure or hypertension is the worst one. It becomes a disaster when you get your blood pressure higher than normal level. It becomes more difficult for pregnant mother since this condition is too dangerous. Some people may already have hypertension before pregnancy. On the other hand, some of the people also will develop hypertension during pregnancy. There are a lot of triggers for this condition. This condition will not only affect the mother who has hypertension, but it will also affect the baby’s condition. That is why it is highly important for the pregnant mother to always check your blood pressure level.
How To Maintain Blood Pressure Level During Pregnancy?
During pregnancy, there are a lot of things to be concerned. From your habit, supplies, and many more. If you have hypertension during your pregnancy, so you can follow these simple steps to avoid the increasing of your blood pressure level:
- Make sure that you keep all of your prenatal appointments to check your actual condition
- Eat healthier food with higher fiber and less sodium. You still can take your snacks as long as all of them are low-fat snacks
- Keep your body move with certain activities. Just make simple movement and take a rest for while if you feel exhausted
- Avoid alcohol and smoking since it is not good for your condition and your baby
- Maintain your weight so you can control your weight. Actually, it is common that pregnant mother gains weight, but make sure that you do not gain too much to balance your blood pressure level
- You can take blood pressure medications as recommended by a doctor
Along with these tips, you have to make sure that you consume enough nutrients from vegetables and fruits. As result, your blood pressure will not be increased easily.